The הדלקת נר חנוכה at KAJ (‘Breuer’s') is traditionally a special experience.
Now, thanks to the generosity of GWCTD, those who could not experience it in person can get a taste of it even from afar.
Note the following.
1) The beautiful בית הכנסת.
2) The chazan is wearing a tallis in the evening (I believe it is a short while after shekias hachamah). This is in accordance with Minhag Ashkenaz, in which the chazan/shliach tzibbur wears a tallis for tefillos mincha and arvis, as well as the morning tefillos (as we discussed in the past).
3) The way he is wearing it – draped over his arms (as opposed to a common practice among some of throwing back that part of the tallis back over the shoulders, leaving the arms uncovered by it).
4) The beautiful way the brachos are chanted by the chazan, following a traditional nusach. Each one takes close to a minute!
5) The special portable mini platform, upon which the chazan stands when lighting the menorah, after ascending three steps.
6) How the chazan descends after the lighting, taking special action to avoid turning his back to the aron kodesh.
7) The general decorum.
This is a great example of זה א-לי ואנוהו, upon which חז”ל comment התנאה לפניו במצות, as well as כבוד בית הכנסת ושמירת מנהגים קדושים.
Hopefully others will learn from this great example and act similarly. ומהם ילמדו וכן יעשו.
א ליכטיגען און פרייליכען חנוכה